How to incorporate crystals into your retreat experience
Sponsored by Conscious Calendar Co.
Crystals are more and more commonly incorporated into retreat practices, particularly within yoga, meditation and sound healing sessions – so what exactly are they believed to do and which crystals might you want to consider taking on your next retreat?
Let’s start with the ‘why’….. crystals have been used as part of healing rituals from as far back as 400BC, with prominent mention within the Vedic texts of Hinduism and usage in Buddhist meditation practices. Users believe that crystals have an important place in helping promote the flow of good energy and rid the body and mind of negative energy for both physical and emotional benefits. Each crystal is believed to have healing properties, ranging from relief of pain to inspiration or increased sensuality, and can aid the user in bringing harmony to their body and mind.
Interested? If so, the next step is to select the crystal(s) that best align with your intentions for your retreat experience. To assist on this journey, the crystal experts at Concious Calendar Co have provided us a breakdown of the benefits of their favourite crystals:
Attending a retreat to detox?
When detoxing you are clearing your body of built-up toxins and excess reserves and for holistic detoxing we cannot forget the clearing of built-up negative energy in your body too. To help with the detox process we recommend the incorporation of a Rainbow Hematite and Selenite crystal into your practise.
- Rainbow hematite is a beautiful, layered black crystal covered in specks of rainbow colouring; it’s truly mesmerising. The vibration of this crystal is supportive and a natural cleanser and will help make the body feel renewed and revitalised. Carry it with you during the day or keep it beside your bed at night to aid detoxing.
- Selenite naturally cleanses the energy around it, it is a pure white crystal that you can wipe over your body, place above doorways, or simply carry in your bag. It also won’t hold onto negative energy so you can use it as much as you like.
Attending a retreat for a mental reset?
One of the best things about going on a retreat is the mental shift. Letting go of old thoughts and patterns to welcome in clear visions and goals.
- Amethyst is known for its calming effects on the mind and body. Amethyst will allow you to clear any mind clutter and connect to your authentic self. Use it in meditation and when going to sleep. Be sure to tune into what comes up for you.
- Clear Quartz is going to help you amplify this energy as well as clear any sub conscious beliefs that are setting you back. This crystal can be used at any time on a retreat and will amplify the energy of any other crystals you are using at the time. Double win!
Attending a retreat for physical health benefits?
Ok so you want to get the booty moving and push some boundaries. You are going to need some fire behind you and some good nourishment.
- Red Jasper is filled with courage, fire and stimulating energy. This pocket rocket is great to use when you’re enduring strong work outs and need both the emotional and physical stamina to help get you through.
- Moss Agate will support you with steady growth and nurturing energy. Reminding you that you are supported, and that change will come, just give it time. And like all good things, in divine timing.
Remember whether you are intuitively choosing your crystals or going by recommendations that you cleanse your crystals before working with them. This can be with a sage spray or smudge, with selenite crystal or under the full moon. You should also remember to cleanse them each month to help them recharge, think of it like a retreat for your crystals.
Sending good vibes,
Sarah from Conscious Calendar Co.
The Good Index is Australia’s leading retreat guide, created to inspire you to take a break with health as your number one priority. One platform with hundreds of wellness destinations to discover. Reconnect with what’s important to you and experience the benefits of retreats first hand.