8 Reasons To Attend A Retreat
Retreats offer a wide range of mental, physical and economical benefits for everyone.
Here are 8 reasons to attend a retreat…
1 Spend time on you: How many times have you gone on vacations with others and felt like you were always scheduling and compromising on each day’s activities? Retreats provide a full schedule of activities that interest you, plus if you don’t want to participate in these activities, you can always skip them and relax in a common area or in your room.
2. Get away from the busy-ness of daily life: When is the last time you had absolutely nothing to worry about? It is extremely beneficial for your well-being to take a break from your time poor daily routine. Life is filled with never-ending commitments and responsibilities which may include work, admin, cleaning, cooking, taking care of kids and obligations with family and friends. At a retreat, all of the cooking, cleaning and scheduling is already done for you. Giving yourself this rest and recovery allows you to be even more productive and present in your daily life after the retreat. You can truly live in the moment worry-free and bring the benefits with you when you leave.
3. Holiday solo or with company: Since retreats are created for your own personal enjoyment, they offer a great getaway, whether you plan to go alone or if you prefer to go with a friend. If you go alone, you have the option of connecting with fellow retreat goers or you can keep to yourself. The flexibility lends itself to no social pressures or compromising.
4. Access to professionals: Whether it is mental or physical health professionals you would like to support you on your health journey, many retreats have all of the proper resources including nutritionists, psychologists, personal trainers in an array of categories, massage therapists, aestheticians, and other therapy specialists. Access to highly trained professionals all in one location can help you set goals and build an actionable plan that works for you.
5. Digital detox: In a hyper connected world, we all know how much time we are spending on our devices. Even Apple provides screen time notifications to help us be more aware of just how much time we are spending on their phones. Disconnecting from your device will help you reconnect with yourself and the people around you.
6. Learn a new skill: Retreats are the perfect place to learn a new skill with access to teachers in all different types of areas. You are able to access training to suit your level of experience (or lack thereof) in a private and conducive environment. New skills can vary from meditation, therapies, yoga, surfing, and more. Retreats are a safe and comfortable place to step outside of your comfort zone to discover new passions and interests.
7. Surround yourself in a sanctuary for the mind and body: Retreats are built with your comfort and well-being in mind. They tend to be in a secluded area surrounded by nature. Nature is great for the mind as being immersed in it can even reduce the production of cortisol, our primary stress hormone. That’s why when we jump in the ocean or go for a bush walk, we immediately feel rejuvenated. Surrounded by the beauty of nature will help calm the mind and soothe the soul.
8. A cost efficient way to holiday: On holidays, people tend to spend more money than initially planned as we all want to make the most out of our holidays, whether it be on meals, drinks, transportation, activities, spa days, exercise, souvenirs or anything else that makes your holiday more enjoyable. As retreats are pre-planned and all inclusive, you don’t need to worry about unforeseen costs of a typical holiday. It’s easy to keep within the budget you initially set for your experience. As you choose a retreat that is perfectly suited to all of your needs, everything that you love to do on your holiday is included as a part of the cost set in the beginning.
The Good Index is Australia’s leading retreat guide, created to inspire you to take a break with health as your number one priority. One platform with hundreds of wellness destinations to discover. Reconnect with what’s important to you and experience the benefits of retreats first hand.